Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tearfulness

Yesterday while working, I was preparing paperwork on a new admission that hadn't arrived yet from a local hospital. As I was filling in the blanks, I came to the birth date for this elderly man. He was born the same year and exactly two months prior to my father. I began thinking of my father and the last couple of months prior to his death. Many trips to the ER with a couple of those trips being an admission to the hospital and then back to the long term care center where he had been living for about six months. Those thoughts quickly vanished as I went on with my duties. I look down the hall about one hour later and this man is being rolled on a stretcher down the hall with his daughter following along the side holding his hand. I began to cry, while thinking, "This is so professional". I explained to the daughter what was going on with me and she hugged me and stated, "Thank you for sharing that with me. I now know that my father will be in good hands".

No comments:

Post a Comment