Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Who is God?

God is so much and has so many titles, He is our Redeemer! He is Righteousness! He is so loving and always available for us. Isaiah 40:28-31 tells us that He is everlasting, He never grows tired and/or weary, He gives us and/or renews our strength. He is our Deliverance! These are only a few descriptions of our Lord. There are many more that you can find in the Bible, God's Word.

Kay Arthur said the following "Are you weak? Weary? Confused? Troubled? Pressured? How is your relationship with God? Is it held in its place of priority? I believe the greater the pressure, the greater your need for time alone with Him."

"Every misfortune, every failure, every loss may be transformed. God has the power to transform all misfortunes into God sends." Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

I have been getting myself all worked up over Obama and all the changes that are and may be taking place. I have decided that I am not going to live upset constantly. I am going to do the things that I can as an American Citizen, I am going to pray for God's will to be done and to give me direction in what it is that I am able and should be doing as an American Citizen and trust the Lord for the rest. Carrie ten Boom stated, "Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."

"It is always possible to do the will of God. In every place and time it is within our power to acquiesce in the will of God." Elisabeth Elliot

You know, Americans are not the chosen people. The Lord has taken countries down because of all the negative and sinful behavior that was displayed. God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As Americans we must attempt to be like God. Of course, we won't be exactly like Him, for we are not pure. I say this because our country was founded under God. Doesn't our currency have on it, at least for now, "In God We Trust"?

God already knows the outcome of this mess! Let Go and Let God! Father, God, Holy Spirit please have your way. Use this situation for your glory Lord. Change the hearts of those in office who do not know you, show them who you are and open their hearts and minds so that they can be transformed, conformed to you Lord. Take away their selfishness and their negative thoughts and their pride. Let them become humble. Oh Lord, restore our nation! Make it whole and new. Change the hearts of every American, keep us from harms way. Show us all what you desire from us and let us step out in obedience even if we are afraid. Thank you Lord for your Love, Mercy and Your Grace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment